Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
Need Green Belt certification too? Sit the combined Lean Six Sigma Green Belt & Black Belt course in just ten days.
Aimed at the advanced practitioner, your accelerated Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification will teach you to generate business improvements in areas such as: customer satisfaction, service delivery, cost control, process performance, & new product introduction.
During the 5 day course you will be introduced to both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, meaning that activities focused around the speed and quality of business processes are addressed.
Your accelerated course meets the ISO 18404 standard applicable to all PEEC programs. Delivered in line with the International Standards for Lean Six Sigma, as described in the ISO 13053-1 and ISO 13053-2 standard, you will attain an internationally recognised certification as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Traditional Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training lasts 10 days. This normally includes a month between each module, meaning that it can take up to two months to complete. This is compared to five days at Firebrand. Plus, our course contains case studies and exercises – it is not just theory.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand Six Sigma and Lean and have hands-on application of the Green Belt tool-kit applied to real-life problems.
- Establish meaningful business metrics that align process performance with financial performance.
- Have a detailed view of Cycle Time Reduction, Process Variation and Risk Management.
- Prepare an actionable plan for identifying, scoping and chartering process improvement projects and selecting the right people to execute those projects.
- Lead teams in managing and preventing defects in products, processes or services.
- Redesigning existing products, processes or services to achieve Six Sigma levels of performance over the life cycle.
- Understand how an enhanced value stream can illuminate areas of opportunity through the application of Lean principles to reduce cycle time.
- Apply a practical understanding of how to lead strategic change, manage a team and transfer Lean Six Sigma knowledge to develop robust breakthrough products, services and processes that perform flawlessly on launch.
- Prepare an actionable plan for supporting your organisation, and tools to build continuous improvement capability that deliver substantial and meaningful business results.
What is a Black Belt?
As a Six Sigma Black Belt practitioner you will:
- Be responsible for leading, executing, and completing business improvement projects
- Provide expert knowledge and thought leadership around Six Sigma & LEAN with particular emphasis on turning operational process improvements into tangible customer & financial benefits
- Teach team members the Six Sigma & LEAN methodology and tools
- Assist in identifying project opportunities and refining project details and scope
- Report progress to the project champions and the process owners and manage stakeholder expectations and involvement
- Transfer knowledge and coach other Green Belts and the organisation.
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course is designed for all business professionals from a wide variety of manufacturing or service / transactional environments. Ideally, you will be tasked with delivering major performance or efficiency transformation for a business, typically working as a Change Leader within the business.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online courses
- You’ll be certified fast. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams**, accommodation* and meals*. No hidden extras.
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified over 100,000 professionals
- * For residential training only. Doesn’t apply for online courses
On the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification course you will learn expert level Lean Six Sigma skills, to enable you to identify, lead and deliver business process improvement projects.
You’ll become an expert in the following Lean Six Sigma Black Belt modules:
- Minitab and advanced statistics including data manipulation
- Central Limit Theorem
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Hypothesis Testing I
- Coaching practice
- Analysis Of Variance (ANOVA)
- Hypothesis Testing II
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Advanced Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Change Adoption
- Logistic Regression
As part of the course, you will sit the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt exam.
This is a multiple choice exam, which requires a 70% pass mark. You’ll walk away with proof that you are competent in process management and improvement.